I have been looking for something like this for a while, but every time I thought I found a solution it turned out to require another laptop or wireless network.
FINALLY something that just plugs into the camera and works. Will hopefully be able to try this and get a review out to you guys.
Some of the CamRanger features:
- Capture & View Images - Capture images in all drive modes. Then view full resolution images in JPG or Canon RAW and optionally save to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. CamRanger is a great wireless tethering solution.
- Live View – Wirelessly stream live view to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Complete focusing control with touch focus, incremental adjustments, and focus stacking.
- View & Edit Camera Settings - Remotely change and view camera settings: Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, White Balance, Drive/Shooting Mode (Single, Continuous, etc.), AF, Metering Mode, Image Format, Auto Exposure Mode, and Exposure Compensation and Bracketing.
- Record Movies - Wirelessly record movies to view and edit later. CamRanger supports touch focusing during movie recording for many Nikon and Canon cameras.
- Intervalometer / HDR - Setup intervalometer (time lapse) or HDR on your CamRanger. No need for your iOS device to remain connected after the initial setup.
- Macro & Focus Stacking - Perfect for macro photography where your camera is in awkward locations or very precise focus control is needed. Use automatic focus stacking for enhanced depth of field.