I’ve worked with several different cages over the years and never thought I’d love a cage enough to mod it for a different camera. But that is what I did with the F&V BMCC Cage. As the name implies, this cage was designed for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, but by moving some parts around, you can mod it for DSLRs.
Get Yours Here: F&V Cage.
Should You Buy It?
Yes. The F&V cage is well designed, priced right and can obviously be modified to fit different cameras.
F&V Cage Specifications
- Under 2 lbs
- Rubberized Top Handle
- Top-Mounted 15mm Rail Block
- Bottom-Mounted 15mm LWS Rail Block
- Numerous 1/4-20″ & 3/8″-16
- Adds Protection and Mounting Points to your BMC 2K/4K Camera
- CNC Machined
- Removable Bottom Mounted 15mm LWS Block (More options to come)
How to Modify for DSLRs
Get Yours Here: F&V Cage