A couple days ago Canon Rumors posted an article stating that two different individuals said we should expect a Canon EOS 7D replacement at NAB this year.
This news is exciting for 2 reasons:
- Its NAB… Not a photography event. And since Canon usually announces and/or releases Canon EOS Cinema cameras at NAB its an exciting sign that we might see something special… Or at least special for Canon… Which isn’t saying much but still.
- We might see the first APS-C video DSLR that can keep up with the specs of the 5D Mark III. There really isn’t an APS-C video DSLR that can standup to the 5D Mark III at the moment so it would be great if Canon gave us a hard core video brother to the 5D.
Rumor Mill Specs
These aren’t set in stone by any means at all. But we can dream right? Heres what the internet is saying about a possible new 7D or 7D replacement:
- ~24MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Auto-Focus system similar to the EOS 5D Mark III (61 points), possibly the same as 5D3
- High frame rate, 10-12 fps
- “high grade” weather sealing, like Canon’s professional DSLRs
- Dual Digic V+ processor
- Single card slot
- WiFi & GPS
- Innovative video features
- Price around $2000
- Very good ISO performance
What do you think of all this? Do you think we’ll see a new high end APS-C camera? If we do, will you be getting one? Personally, I would be very interested in a $2000 APS-C version of the 5D Mark III. Even if all we go was a nicer sensor and a headphone jack.[Via Canon Rumors, Canon Watch]