Well kids, its arrived. Canon has announced the 1D X. This news is bittersweet. And here is why:
- Full Frame Sensor = SWEET
- Longer Record Time = Sweet
- Timecode = Pretty Cool
- More Audio Control Features = Sweet
- Price Tag of $7000 = Bitter
For that price I would not buy one. I want one but I would not buy it. For that money I could almost buy a Sony FS100 AND a 5D…
So I am left with an even stronger desire to see a new 5D. Looks like we might get a few spec updates at least similar to this new 1D. Heres hoping.
If you came to this post looking for a nerd-tastic spec list you can find links to a few below.
- CANON LAUNCH EOS-1D X – A NEW GENERATION OF HDSLR - Dan Chung
- Canon 1D X - EOS HD
- FINALLY the full frame Canon 1DX DSLR - Philip Bloom