Today I show you my setup for shooting b-roll for my videos here on YouTube. This camera setup allows for overhead shots as well as several other angles all with just two microphone arms!
Note: Some of these links have an affiliate code, if you purchase with these links you will be supporting me and these videos at no extra cost. Thank you!
- 2x RODE PSA1 Microphone Arms
- Alternative Microphone Arm
- These are not nearly as good, but very affordable. I have one of these and they do they job with less reach and weight.
- Heil Microphone Base
- Oben Tripod Head
- Could use any ball head for this.
- Dummy battery
- Search amazon for “your camera model” + Dummy Battery.
- Flex LED 10×10
- Short Adapter Spigot
- SmallRig Cold Shoe Mount
- Ball Head for Light
Also be sure to check out Caleb Wojcik’s Overhead Setup Video. He uses a similar setup to mine.
See more on his blog post here.