I saw this a while ago and just ran across it again recently and thought I would share it with you. I love seeing these pros with low end gear… It removes all the tech and really showcases their discipline, skill and patience as artists. I walked away very inspired by this. Good stuff!
I’ve always enjoyed Vincent’s training. He is a very good teacher While most of the time he is pretty intense, in this series on lenses he lets loose a little bit, hangs out at vimeo and dresses up in a viking costume…
Check it out:
If you are serious about pushing HDSLRs to there fullest potential, than Vincent Laforet is one of the people you should be following. He recently wrote a post on his blog sharing extensively detailed images of a shoot he has been working on.
You can find the slideshow on his blog along with several other great posts on Video and HDSLRs. I would highly recommend hovering over each image and reading the little descriptions as they are rich in information on what kind of kit Vincent is using. Thank you Vincent for the great info!
(Photo credit: snap from Vincents Blog Post)
I am not one of those link hogs who only promotes myself, I would be foolish to think that only I have knowledge to share about this revolutionary change in video camera form factor. That said here is a list of blogs and website I follow that are must reads for anyone using or interested in DSLR for film and video.
- Shane Hurlbut – Shane is creating incredible films with these cameras. Learn what he is using and how he does it on his blog.
- Philip Bloom – If you haven’t been following Bloom’s tweets and his blog than your missing out on a huge about of great info from one of the leader HDLR filmmakers.
- Vincent Laforet’s Blog – Another leader in the DSLR cinematography.
- Canon Filmmakers – Created by the awesome Jon Conner and Christina Valdivi.
- Cinema5D Forum – You will finding video and filmmakers from all walks of life sharing valuable information here.
- The C47 – Jem Schofield talks about HDSLRs, lighting, audio and production tips in his daily podcast “Gear Box.”
- Negative Spaces Blog – Video engineering, HD production and digital cinema content by Ben Cain.
- 16×9 Cinema Convergence Podcast – Video, photography and motion graphics convergence podcast.
- FreshDV – Gear blog covering a range of HDSLR topics.
- DSLR News Shooter – dedicated to the use of the latest HD-DSLRs for news, documentary and factual shooting. Run by Dan Chung.
- Planet5D – DSLR Video forum.
If you think I am missing one please let me know in the comments!