I was really excited about this recorder when it was announced and when I got my hands on it, I was even more happy with it. Great recorder with tons of inputs and features.
You can find the Tascam DR-60D on B&H Photo Video for $349.
I did forget to mention a few things in the review so I’ll list them here:
- Power is supplied by AA batteries on the back of the unit or the USB port.
- The recorder does not act as an audio interface with computers like the H4n
- Files are stored via the SD card slot.
Gear Used In This Video
- Tascam DR-60D
- Azden Shotgun Mic (Not the best but its cheap).
- Sennheiser G3 Wireless Lapel (Hands down the best wireless lapel setup I’ve worked with).
- Zoom H4n (used for the mics).