I was contacted by Bruce and Mathieu about their film KEEP EXPLORING and I had to share it with you. Enjoy the doc and make sure you read Mathieu’s article about the production after the video.
I’ve put together a list of all the manual lens sets I recommend and use. In this guide you’ll find video reviews, descriptions, info on where to buy lenses and links to adapters you’ll need. Check it out and let me know what you think!
This week, 10 people will walk away with a copy of this fancy bundle of pure goodness from FILMLOOKS
These are scans of authentic film leaders. What you usually find on the internet are cheap imitations created with motion graphic software but this is the real thing. Most of them probably made the drive-ins in the 40′s, 50′s, 60′s or 70′s. That’s film history on your hard drive.
We now have the GH4 pricing! Wow… I gotta say I’m very impressed with how affordable this camera is (see GH4 pricing below).
So, we now have a 4K, 1080p with 60fps, clean HDMI out, 10 bit, XLR capable, weather sealed camera for around $3,000 AND a body only option for just under $1,700… Wow.
Panasonic GH4 Body Only $1,698
- 16.05 MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K 4096×2160 at 24p
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3.0″ 1,036k-Dot OLED Monitor
- 2,359K-Dot OLED Live View Finder
- Support for 59.94p, 23.98p, 50p, & 24p
- 4:2:2 8-Bit or 10-Bit HDMI Output
- High-Speed 49-Point Autofocus
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
A couple days ago Canon Rumors posted an article stating that two different individuals said we should expect a Canon EOS 7D replacement at NAB this year.
This news is exciting for 2 reasons:
- Its NAB… Not a photography event. And since Canon usually announces and/or releases Canon EOS Cinema cameras at NAB its an exciting sign that we might see something special… Or at least special for Canon… Which isn’t saying much but still.
- We might see the first APS-C video DSLR that can keep up with the specs of the 5D Mark III. There really isn’t an APS-C video DSLR that can standup to the 5D Mark III at the moment so it would be great if Canon gave us a hard core video brother to the 5D.
Rumor Mill Specs
These aren’t set in stone by any means at all. But we can dream right? Heres what the internet is saying about a possible new 7D or 7D replacement:
- ~24MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Auto-Focus system similar to the EOS 5D Mark III (61 points), possibly the same as 5D3
- High frame rate, 10-12 fps
- “high grade” weather sealing, like Canon’s professional DSLRs
- Dual Digic V+ processor
- Single card slot
- WiFi & GPS
- Innovative video features
- Price around $2000
- Very good ISO performance
What do you think of all this? Do you think we’ll see a new high end APS-C camera? If we do, will you be getting one? Personally, I would be very interested in a $2000 APS-C version of the 5D Mark III. Even if all we go was a nicer sensor and a headphone jack.[Via Canon Rumors, Canon Watch]