I’ve been using Final Cut Pro X since I gave up on FCP7 several years ago and have never looked back. Over the past year I’ve noticed 5 shortcuts I use constantly and thought I would share them with you.
With these shortcuts you can completely change the layout of FCPX and only show what you need to see. Using these shortcuts will also help you speed up FCPX by having less open at one time.
- Command + Control + 1 (Toggles Libraries and Browser)
- Command + 4 and Command + 5 (Toggles Inspector and Effects Library)
- Command + 7 (Toggles Video Scopes)
- Command + 6 (Adds New Color Board to Current Clip)
- Command + Shift + 7 (Toggles Angles)
Obviously there are hundreds of different shortcuts and several great ones I didn’t mention here. I will have more videos on FCPX tricks and shortcuts coming out soon. If you want to see more, check out these three videos:
- Color Correction Workflow in FCPX
- Multicam Trick: How to Turn One Camera Into Two Angles
- 7 Ways to Speed up FCPX