See why I switched from Manfrotto quick releases to the Arca Swiss system. Find links to my favorite quick releases below.
Arca Swiss Receiving Plates
Here are my three favorite receiving plates. Do keep in mind there are cheaper options. These are all drop in lever operated which makes them a little more expensive. You can find hundreds of other options on B&H and Amazon.
- Arca-Type Compatible
- Aluminum Construction
- Removable Bubble Level
- Reversible Captive Lever
- 3/8″-16 Thread with 1/4″-20 Adapter
- Arca-Swiss compatible
- Combination Lever lock and Screw Lock
- All metal construction
- 3/8″mounting hole and 1/4″ adapter
- Includes allen wrench and hex screw
Kessler Cranes Kwik $140
- One hand drop-in instant latching
- Push button release
- Solid billet aluminum and stainless steel construction
Arca Swiss Camera Plates
After playing with several different plates I’ve found the Kessler plates to be the best option. Their machining is exact and all of their plates match. If you can’t afford them, check out the countless Arca Swiss plate options on B&H and Amazon.
- Great for smaller cameras
- Works well with any camera. Especially medium to large camera setups