If you’re looking for a way to extend your cameras power this is the tool for you.
I recently purchased this NP-F970 Battery Adapter that is compatible with Canon DSLRs. I was a little worried about the quality from the pictures online but I thought I’d take the plunge and share my findings with you guys. After receiving the unit, I hooked it up with 2 Sony NP-F970 batteries and let if run all day with the camera recording AND powering my monitor… 8 Hours later, I called it a day and decided I like this thing. I still haven’t fully tested the unit to see how long it would power the camera and accessories but it’ll give you a full day at least.
- Only $99
- Power your camera and accessories all day
- Batteries are cheap ($25 on Amazon)
- Batteries work with other gear well
- No power indicator (unless you get the expensive batteries with meters)
- Construction is mediocre
- Needs extra accessory to keep from moving
At the end of the day, I still recommend this unit. 12+ hours of camera time for under $150 is pretty impressive!