In this video we will learn a simple and effective way to go about color correcting and grading. The method I use is applicable to any shot using any editing software with scopes.
Things To Remember
- Split your color workflow into two phases, correction and grading.
- When in the first phase (Correction) makes sure you get your exposure correct first, then move onto color.
- Always check your scopes to make sure you have correct exposure and color.
- The Waveform scope is best for exposure and the vector scope is best for color (skin tones, white balance etc).
- Remember that not every shot has black and white in it. Correct accordingly.
- Even if there is black in your shot, you can keep the shadows above 0 for a more low contrast look.
- Practice and have some fun!