B&H is offering several killer audio equipment deals during NAB. You can find them all right here:
A couple days ago Canon Rumors posted an article stating that two different individuals said we should expect a Canon EOS 7D replacement at NAB this year.
This news is exciting for 2 reasons:
- Its NAB… Not a photography event. And since Canon usually announces and/or releases Canon EOS Cinema cameras at NAB its an exciting sign that we might see something special… Or at least special for Canon… Which isn’t saying much but still.
- We might see the first APS-C video DSLR that can keep up with the specs of the 5D Mark III. There really isn’t an APS-C video DSLR that can standup to the 5D Mark III at the moment so it would be great if Canon gave us a hard core video brother to the 5D.
Rumor Mill Specs
These aren’t set in stone by any means at all. But we can dream right? Heres what the internet is saying about a possible new 7D or 7D replacement:
- ~24MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Auto-Focus system similar to the EOS 5D Mark III (61 points), possibly the same as 5D3
- High frame rate, 10-12 fps
- “high grade” weather sealing, like Canon’s professional DSLRs
- Dual Digic V+ processor
- Single card slot
- WiFi & GPS
- Innovative video features
- Price around $2000
- Very good ISO performance
What do you think of all this? Do you think we’ll see a new high end APS-C camera? If we do, will you be getting one? Personally, I would be very interested in a $2000 APS-C version of the 5D Mark III. Even if all we go was a nicer sensor and a headphone jack.[Via Canon Rumors, Canon Watch]
Probably the most exciting thing coming out of NAB for me was the Blackmagic Cinema Camera.
Basically its a Micro Four Thirds, 2.5K resolution, 13 stops of dynamic range box with a touch screen and a copy of DaVinci Resolve… For under $3,000… As Lenny Pepperbottom would put it, That’s pretty neat.
This little sucker looks like a real winner. I can’t wait to try one and hopefully get a review out to you guys. If you are already sold, or just need a cheap copy of DaVinci Resolve, you can pre-order this fella on B&H right now via the link below.
The Super Bowl of filmmaking tech is here… Its NAB season kids!
I was not able to get out to Vegas this year for the event unfortunately. But I know where the best coverage is going to come from. For the last several years I have been super impressed with FreshDV’s coverage of NAB. Matt Jeppsen and Kendal Miller have always delivered top notch stuff. And this year they are teaming up with the fellas from NextWave DV who are killing it over on their site as well. So this is a completely shameless plug for them this year. And no, I was not paid to say any of this. Can’t wait to see what they will come up with.
So grab some popcorn and enjoy the show!
- Free Access to the exhibit floor
- Access for the Opening Keynote and State of the Industry Address.
- Info Sessions.
- Admission to the Content Theater.
- Exhibits and PITS
Thats it! I am really excited to see what goes down at this year’s show. If you are thinking about investing in gear this is the place to do research and get your hands on different brands.