In this video we will break down using the Atomos Shogun with the GH4 and discuss whether or not it is worth purchasing for use with the GH4.
This video is an excerpt from my GH4 Video Guide.
Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder $1,995
Atomos Shogun with the GH4: Things to Consider
- File sizes on the Atomos Shogun are much larger than the 4K files on the GH4
- Image quality is hardly different when comparing the two
- Whatever image quality boost you get with the Shogun disappears when uploading to the web
- 4K Recording aside, this device is incredible and makes for a great monitor
- The Shogun is loaded with great video assist features
- Even if you don’t get better image quality you don’t have to transcode footage in post
- At the end of the day I wouldn’t personally buy the Shogun for the GH4
- Cameras like the Sony A7s will see different benefits with the Atomos Shogun