Looking for a solid, easy to use and affordable wireless follow focus system? Say hello to the Remote AIR 3 from PD Movie!
B&H Photo Video
Even with the great auto focus we have today, most filmmakers will prefer manual focus for ultimate control over their images. To help with that, many crews include an AC (assistant camera) who’s primary purpose is operating focus. With smaller camera system and more complex movement, pulling focus from the camera can be tough. Wireless focus systems like this PD Remote Air 3 allow you to pull focus from any location.
I only touched on what the PD Remote Air 3 can do. Here is a longer list of features:
- Ultra-compact lens control system with hand unit and iOS app control
- Hand unit controller and dual-motor kit
- Up to 330′ transmission range
- German-made, brushless, highly responsive receiver motor
- An OLED screen displays the signal channel and strength, motor voltage, and Bluetooth connection status
- Mounts to single 19mm or 15mm rod
- Compatible with 0.8 Mod gear pitch cine lenses or lens gears
- iOS app control for setting limits and marks, saving lens data, and programming automatic F/I/Z pulls
You can learn more about the system here
Some of these links have an affiliate code, if you purchase gear with these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
This system was supplied to me from PD Movie free of charge. This review and it’s content was not reviewed or paid for by outside persons or manufacturers.