Lighting bald people can be tricky. In this video I share a few tips to avoid that nasty shiny glare and make you next bald client/talent look great!
Bald Glare Tips
1. Use Anti-Glare or De-Shine powder to avoid head glare
2. Check the exposure of peoples heads. Specifically hot spots around the top of the head and forehead.
3. Lower key light. This can help with over exposed heads depending on your subject.
4. Reduce or remove hair lights. Hair/rim lights can be a big problem depending on your lighting setup.
5. Be careful with your background lights. Try to avoid bright backgrounds for bald caucasians and dark backgrounds for people with dark skin. Also consider using a background light to replace a rim/hair light.
Other Bald Production Guys
Some of these links have an affiliate code, if you purchase gear with these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
This video was not paid for by outside persons or manufacturers.
No gear was supplied to me for this video.