Can’t afford a macro lens? Here are 3 different solutions for under $20 each!
1. Reverse Macro Adapter
Simply purchase the adapter with the mount you want (EF, MFT etc) and the thread size of your lens.
- Very cheap
- Doesn’t take up much room
- Great effect
- Easy to use
- Exposes the rear element of your lens to potential damage
- Lose light due to smaller opening at rear of lens. This might not effect all lenses.
Reverse Macro Adapter on Amazon
2. Close Up Filters
You can purchase these individually or as a kit of 4 filters.
They come in several different filter sizes to fit your lens.
- Very easy to use
- Can be used for extreme macro or for getting a few inches/feet closer to your subject
- Doesn’t add much to your lens
- You don’t have to remove your lens to use
- Lower quality images compared to other options
Close Up Filters on Amazon
3. Macro Extension Tubes
Choose a mount (EF, MFT etc) and choose between dummy (no electronics) or smart (little pins for auto focus and aperture control)
Here is the exact model I used on Amazon: http://geni.us/orHyv
And here is the electronic EF version I mentioned on Amazon: http://geni.us/qJuo4
- Best image quality since there is no additional glass
- Customizable strengths be adding/removing middle treaded sections.
- Time consuming setup
Macro Extension Tubes on Amazon
Some of these links have an affiliate code, if you purchase gear with these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
This video was not paid for by outside persons or manufacturers.
No gear was supplied to me for this video.
The content of this video and my opinions were not reviewed or paid for by any outside persons.