Learn how to add a headphone jack and external battery to the Sony a6300 by building the ProBox Lite. This video is a section of my new a6300 Video Guide.
Parts and Tools Needed:
- HDMI to HDMI audio extractor on Amazon
- HDMI Ribbon Cable (You can use any cable, but this one is great. Learn more about ribbon cables here)
- 2x Male DC connector pigtails on Amazon (or cut the end off of two wall warts)
- Some wire (I used wire from an old wall wart)
- DC female jack on Amazon
- FW50 (a7s, a6000) dummy battery on Amazon
- OPTIONAL – Cold shoe extension arm on Amazon
- Male Cold shoe Mount on Amazon (comes with monitor arm)
- Battery plate (I used an LP-E6 model, but you could use a sony NP-F model)
- 1/4 bolt on Amazon (I found using a tripod screw was best since it has a low profile head)
Here are some links to specific tools for those who don’t already have them.
- Soldering iron on Amazon (includes solder)
- Stepped Drill bit (you could probably get away with this stepped bit on Amazon, but I also picked up these smaller ones on Amazon)
- Multimeter on Amazon
- Caliper on Amazon
- Shrink wrap/heat shrink tubing on Amazon
If you liked this video, check out the rest of the a6300 Video Guide here.