This is the Sony PWM F3 and it is AMAZING! Let’s see how this 10 year old professional cinema camera holds up against a modern, consumer mirrorless camera for video.
When it comes to lens adapters, If you want to use non-PL lenses, you will need to find a Sony FZ adapter. As an example, if you want to use Canon EF lenses, search for “EF to FZ Adapter”
- Sony FZ Lens Adapters
- BP-U Battery on
- Shogun Inferno
- Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2
- Video Timestamps
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:00 Camera Overview
- 5:12 External Recording
- 5:54 Sony F3 vs Sony
- a6400 9:55 Final Thoughts
- Incredible image quality 10-bit
- 4:2:2 HD at 24 and 30p
- Built in ND Rugged build Professional
- XLR inputs and audio controls
- Super clean Slog image
- Very affordable for a cinema camera.
- No slow motion options at 1080p
- ISO is limited to 6400 and below
- Display and EVF aren’t the best compared to modern cameras
- FZ mount requires adapter Poor/no video auto focus (remember, this came out in 2010)
DISCLAIMERS: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This video was not paid for by outside persons or manufacturers. No gear was supplied to me for this video. The content of this video and my opinions were not reviewed or paid for by any outside persons.